To dynamically alter gender in a text, pronouns and other gendered words must be identified, and associated with to the corresponding character in a machine-readable format. This is called "tagging." See our tutorial on preparing texts.
The Gendered Text Project accepts prepared texts for inclusion on the site. Moderators will review your submission for implementation accuracy and publish it.
To be accepted, texts must either:
- be granted by the copyright holder (usually, the author) permission to be used
- be in the public domain
When you're ready to add a text, follow these steps:
1. Create a contributor account on this site.
2. Review our tutorial on how to prepare your text for dynamic gender tagging.
3. Use the text preparation helper tool to identify pronouns.
4. Complete the rest of the tagging on your own.
5. Submit your text to the site for publication.
Expect to hear back from a moderator within 1-2 weeks about publication.